Tuesday 17 April 2012

Life Update!!!!
Well my big bro is married, its so weird to write that, but its true.    Its funny how many times I've thought, where is Barrett?   Well, they will be back soon so I can't complain. 
                                                                         



 I've decided to write a cookbook, not just any cookbook, oh no, a SALSA COOKBOOK!!!      I will need all of your help.   I came up with a brilliant plan, well, I think it is brilliant.    You want to know what it is?  Ok, here it is, you ready?  Are you sure?   This is it!!

1) I will work very, very hard on a AMAZING, AWESOME and BRILLIANT salsa recipe.

2) I will post the recipe and pics on blog.

3) THIS IS WHERE I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!  All of you will vote on whether it should make it into the cookbook or not!!!!

4) Repeat over and over again!!

5) Remember to make the COOKBOOK!! (THIS ONE IS FOR ME!!)

So what do you guys think?  Good idea right?   I know, you don't have to say anything, I can tell you LOVE IT!!

Soooooooo, here is the first RECIPE!!!!
                                                                                


Salsa # 1
10 tomatillos
3 avocados
2 sticks celery
2 Jalapeno
4 cloves garlic
3 green onion
1 1\2 limes
Hand full cilantro
2 TB salt
1TB cumin
In a food processor, process the tomatillos, avocados, jalapeno, garlic and green onion (one at a time). In a blender, blend the celery with the limes.   Hand chop the cilantro.  In a bowl mix it all together and add the salt and cumin.   ENJOY!!!!!!!
                                                              
                                                           
And, as you can see, the salsa has no name.  I would love to hear what you think I should name it!!

Oh, and I have another Cookie Recipe for you.   Well, not really a new recipe but a new thought on a old idea.   Take the Brown Sugar Cookie Recipe I used for the camel cookies.  Roll the dough into little balls and press a chocolate chip on top and  "Wallah"  they are no longer just brown sugar cookies, but adorable brown sugar cookies that people will 'ooh and aah' over!!
    Want to see how they look?  Ok, here they are!!!!!
                                                                   


6 comments:

  1. Great idea on the cookbook! I assure you that i will look at all your recipes and hopefully make some!

    Hannah Fairall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool looking cookies, great idea

    Ian Fairall

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Smith's and I bought some tomatillo's the other day. We will be trying your recipe soon! :) After that, I will vote. lol. It sounds amazing, and I love the cook book idea. I'm hoping I can try all of the salsa recipe's you share. (I love me some salsa.) Oh, and you, I love youuu! :P Blessings, missing you already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorrie Schaefer20 April 2012 at 06:56

    salsa looks amazing. i love seeing all the new things you try miss sarah. so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. So we made it! I did not use as much salt though. A lovely recipe indeed!

    Blessings!
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you like it!! I'm already working on the next one.

    ReplyDelete